Visiting Fellows Fair Energy Project – Procedure
Visiting fellows are staff employed at a recognized university that have, or are interested in pursuing, a collaboration with researchers of the Fair Energy Transition (FET) Consortium. Specifically, the viability of visiting fellowships will be evaluated based on:
- collaborations with FET-researchers toward specific and immediate outputs (e.g., a grant proposal), or
- extending existing knowledge and expertise within the FET-consortium.
Visiting fellowships can last for a maximum of two months.
Two times a year (deadlines: March 1st and October 1st), consortium members (minimally Assistant Professor position) can nominate candidates for a visiting). In the current round, fellowships for 2021 can be applied for. To nominate a candidate, a consortium member, together with the proposed candidate, draws up an application, which should consist of:
- A letter of intent indicating the intended period of the visit, a motivation for the collaboration, the objectives of the visit, as well as the proposed output(s) / deliverables (max 1 A4).
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae of the candidate (max 2 A4).
- A budget proposal (reference amount: €4.000,-).
- A letter of recommendation from the person that the candidate reports to at home, including a declaration of the availability of the candidate and agreement with the visiting fellowship for the intended period of the visit (max 1 A4).
- A COVID mitigation paragraph
Please merge this form all documents into one PDF file. Applications can be sent to the project coordinator (email@example.com). Within one month after the deadline, applicants are notified of the decision on their eligibility and the possibility of funding. The consortium coordinating team consisting of Floor Alkemade, Vincent Buskens, Anthonie Meijers, Sanne Akerboom, Andreas Spahn, and Michèlle Bal will select the Visiting Scholars. An interview via Skype, by telephone or in person may be part of the selection procedure.
At the end of the visit, the Visiting Scholar together with the consortium member must submit a short written report of their experience (max. 1 A4) to the FET board, including a summary/testimonial for the FET website. With submitting this form, the Visiting Scholar agrees (in the case of acceptance) with publication of his/her name and the report of the visit on the FET website.